Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: The Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans

15717280

black gr button

Genres: YA/NA Romance, contemporary Romance
Format : e-book and Paperback
Available at: Amazon, B&N, Kobo, and Smashwords

divider 3

Synopsis 1
How did Ashley spend her summer vacation? Imagine the hottest guy in Hollywood. Do you see the girl next to him, the one handing him a cup of coffee? Yeah. That’s her. Interning on a major motion picture is not all bad. She gets to watch some of the scenes and even offer her opinion. “That kiss looked lame. Laughably weak. There’s no chance at an MTV award with that kiss.” LOL. Until the director says, “Hey, Intern. Yeah, you. Ashley. You’re right. So, teach Caspian how to kiss. Oh, and get in front of the camera. We're going to need you in this next shot." OMG.

divider 3

Review 1
I must have played around with the idea of buying this book for at least four months before I gave in and purchased it. When I finally got around to reading it, I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I thought at best it would be a cute but frustrating story about an average girl and a Hollywood hunk falling in love. I expected her to be flawless but insecure and him to be perfect. I thought that I would have to put up with her constantly questioning why he liked her, and he would have to reassure her over and over again that he truly did like her. That's the story that I've read countless times before, and I geared up for the same old thing.
But boy was I wrong!!!

bbt_celebration-gif-1

This book takes the story of "the average girl falling for the Hollywood hunk" that we've all read, and  refuses to fall back on  the clichés. There is never a question of whether or not they like each other. Ashley knows that she has a lot to offer Cas. She's funny, talented, charming, and not too bad to look at. Why wouldn't he like her? She's not arrogant, she just has a good opinion of herself, and I think that's the way more leading woman in romance novels should behave. If you work hard and you know you're a good person, you should be allowed to have a good sense of self and know that ANY man would be lucky to have you even a major star!
Cas was fantastic! He wasn't constantly fawning over, chasing, or reassuring Ashley, and she didn't need him to do that either. And did I mention the British accent? HOT! They click right away, but instead of deciding that they're in love just because they're attracted to each other and enjoy spending time together, they become *gasp* friends first. The relationship is effortless but not perfect. They disagree and then still like each other afterwards. The conflict doesn't come from wondering if they want each other. The conflict comes from life. Cas is famous so it's not easy to be around him as a friend let alone his girlfriend. Ashley is only in LA for the Summer interning at her father's studio, and will be headed off to college in a couple of months. These are real issues, and they both must find a way to learn to deal with them if they want to be together.
The kissing scenes in this book are some of the best that I've ever read! Although Cas is a great actor, he has a problem making on-screen kisses look natural so for some reason Ashley is enlisted to help him loosen up and make movie magic. (I don't quite remember how she got that lucky, but good for her!)  She and Cas get together on several occasions and "practice" different iconic movie kisses, and it's adorable! The kissing scenes didn't make me feel like a creeper when I was reading them. Some were awkward and others made me swoon, but they were all unbelievably sweet and on the milder side of the steam level.
This is one of the cutest romances that I have ever read, and I recommend it every time someone ask for something to cleanse their pallet after an emotionally draining book. It's the perfect thing for when you need to smile! :D
This book is clean, and I would recommend it for ages 13 and up.
I give this book five roses
5 roses

black gr button

divider 3

No comments:

Post a Comment